Our club began with 1 coach and 6 gymnasts in a leisure centre. Today we house over 950 gymnasts across two sites, one of which we now own.
Nottingham School of Rhythmic Gymnastics joined us in 2001 making our club the largest non-profit making gymnastics club in Erewash.
In 2001 coaches and committee began discussing the viability of finding our own premises to train in and by 2002 groups were nearing capacity and the hunt for suitable premises started.
In 2003 we found Unit 2 Acton Road, Long Eaton and in January 2004 it opened.
In September 2009 we officially opened the extension at Acton Road. This doubled the floor size to 14000sq ft and enabled the club to once again increase the places offered to children in the local community to encourage wider participation in gymnastics and to offer a training venue to third party clubs in other disciplines and sports.
Today EVGC has moved into newer premises on New Tythe Street, Long Eaton increasing our participation once again and has bought a new building on Hallam Fields Road in Ilkeston. With plans on track to develop this as a regional centre of excellence, EVGC will be able to offer over 1500 places for children in our local communities.
Charity Number 1168497